PENINSULA ROOFING LTD and PENINSULA SCAFFOLDING LTD and its officers recognise that the health and safety of all workers and visitors is of the utmost importance and vital to the success of our business. As such we aim to continuously improve health and safety in the workplace through consultation and increased health and safety awareness of management and workers.
Through the co-operative efforts of management and workers, we are committed to:
- comply with legislative requirements and relevant codes of practice
- the provision and maintenance of a work environment that is without risks to health and safety
- the provision and maintenance of safe systems of work
- ensure that management has an understanding of health and safety management relative to their position
- the safe use, handling, and storage of plant, substances, and structures
- the provision of adequate facilities for the welfare at work of workers in carrying out work for the business or undertaking, including ensuring access to those facilities
- providing the information, training, instruction and supervision necessary to maintain a healthy and safe workplace
- the provision of any information, training, instruction, or supervision that is necessary to protect all persons from risks to their health and safety arising from work carried out as part of the conduct of the business or undertaking
- ensuring that the health of workers and the conditions at the workplace are monitored for the purpose of preventing injury or illness of workers arising from the conduct of the business or undertaking
The focus of Peninsula Roofing Ltd and Peninsula Scaffolding Ltd health and safety management system is preventing hazards. We will develop a framework for health and safety management and a plan for systematic risk assessment and control of hazards, to progressively improve safe behaviours and safe systems of work across the business.
As of May 2021, Peninsula Roofing and Peninsula Scaffolding have achieved SiteWise Green
accreditation (with a score of 84%). We are proud of this accreditation which shows we have quality health and safety systems in place and great evidence of these systems being used well to support the welfare of our staff - Work Safe - Home Safe.